|Senior Food Scientist|
The incumbent will be an internally recognized expert/thought leader in food science and product development. The incumbent develops products that meet/exceed consumer liking, performance and financial hurdles. This individual applies advanced food science and chemistry principles in the development of new and improved products and/or processes. Independently plans and performs analysis, tests and experiments to develop and/or improve food products and processes. Direction is required on strategy and execution. They are responsible for leading several projects simultaneously and acts as R&D technical representative on cross-functional team.
• Responsible for the development of prototypes, evaluation of ingredients, optimization of formulas for quality, performance, consumer-liking and profitability in labs, pilot plants, manufacturing facilities and co-packers.
• Provides technical leadership within cross functional teams to deliver initiatives and departmental projects.
• Identifies and advances cost savings and process improvement opportunities.
• Efficiently and successfully formulates new and improves current products leveraging consumer/customer and marketing feedback and sensory shelf-life results.
• Prepares and updates product specifications.
• Identifies and aligns development of best practices.
• Defines and presents solutions and next steps within business teams and shared services.
• Leverages strong technical skills in the development of practical solutions to complex technical problems.
• Employs effective interpersonal time and resource management skills to complete projects assignments. Leads multiple projects simultaneously.
• Known internally for technical expertise and demonstrates effective technical leadership skills with particular emphasis on: food science, statistics, food chemistry, shelf-life and modes of failure, ingredient functionality, sensory techniques, scale-up, ingredient processing interactions, analytical and test procedures, formulation, prototype development and patent reading and understanding.
• Progresses projects from conceptualization through commercialization. Makes well-reasoned trade-offs between timelines, resources and overall business needs.
• Builds support for ideas within the teams. Supports development of business/technical strategies.
• Builds and leverages strong internal/external network to gain insight, influence and information.
• Help organization stay current with applicable new technologies/ingredients.
• Supports and provides guidance to operations/engineering organizations on evaluation of new production opportunities, improving existing operations, cost-saving ideas, and troubleshooting of major problems.
• Monitor new products trends/competitive trend and activities.
B.S. in chemistry, biology, microbiology, food science or related technical field with 5+ years of experience
M.S.with 2+ years of experience in food industry with demonstrated application of food chemistry principles in the development of innovative new products.
Strong working knowledge of processing equipment/unit operations, ingredients process interactions, statistical/analytical techniques, and scale-up.
Sensory training, culinary experience, recipe development, tolerance testing.
• Acumen for product development and applied food science: ability to identify consumer insights and create robust products.
• Experience and solid track record of developing new product and processes from concept development through scale-up and commercialization.
• Ability to work with Corporate R&D resources, outside labs, co-packers and suppliers for the development of new products.
• Demonstrate application of food chemistry principles, formulation, ingredient/process interactions, statistical/analytical techniques, documentation and scale-up.
• Ability to search, read and leverage information from patent/technical documents.
• Strong creative and intuitive abilities with the experience to make technical decisions and support others on technical issues.
• Must have strong leadership skills with unquestionable integrity.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity.
• Must be able to identify needs and opportunities for change and be able to lead others through change.
• Ability to build effective relationship with people at all levels and across the organization.
• Demonstrate effective communication skills, written and oral, with ability to utilize time and resources effectively in order to meet multiple projects deadlines.
• Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills.
• Must be able to travel and work off-shift. – approximately 35%
• Comfort with manufacturing equipment and personnel.
• Strong attention to detail and good documentation skills.
• Ability to work in a cross-functional, team environment.
Please click here to send us an email regarding this opportunity.
Return To OPPORTUNITIES
|Copyright © 2004-2016 BONGARD & ASSOCIATES (2002) LTD. All rights reserved.|